What's My Page Again? (Feat. Vogue's Cantlin Ashrowan): TM 88
Please support us on Patreon at www.patreon.com/uktech for access to our exclusive extended version of the show, weekly columns from Nate, and much more.
This week on the regular version of TECH'S MESSAGE Nate and Ian discuss mobile network EE's plans to launch blimp-like balloons about the nation to send better 4G signals into areas that have limited, or maxed-out, connectivity; they discuss the Vehicle Technology and Aviation Bill, which amongst other things details how car insurers may have to treat autonomous vehicles in the event they crash; and they look at just who is still using pagers after Vodafone sold off its pager business to Capita -- if you've ever wanted to know about pager use in 2017 then crikey this is the show for you. They also talk about Amazon's new Fire TV stick.
In a special feature this week we're also joined by Conde Nast International's Director of Product Cantlin Ashrowan to talk about how British Vogue made its first Facebook Messenger chatbot -- and what he and the company learned about natural language journalism as a result.
Patreon supporters have access to our longer version of the show, which includes the above as well as additional discussions about:
- Is your child a hacker? 16 disputable signs to watch out for and potentially ignore
- What did Nate swap in order to get his first pager?
- An extended conversation about businesses flying balloons into orbit
- The ethics of when an autonomous car should kill a dog or a child
- When did One2One become T-Mobile and when did Cellnet become O2?
- Why did a Psion palmtop make Nate good at Scrabble?
- A well-timed outtake at the end of the show (that was actually from about seven minutes into the recording)
Access our exclusive content and support Nate and Ian's podcasting by becoming a Patron at www.patreon.com/uktech.